08 August 2008

It's all about me!

Now, I generally like the Olympics. I'm a sports fan in general, and in college I played a sport usually only seen every four years (if that). However, a lot of the charm is the idea of representing your country in a contest among the best of each nation.

This girl doesn't get it. She was not likely to make the USA Olympic Womens Basketball squad, so she inquires via her winter season employer about playing for them in Beijing. She happens to play during the WNBA offseason in Russia.

Here's a great quote from this idiotic narcissist:
Just the fact that it's Russia throws an alarm with people," said Hammon, the WNBA MVP runner-up last year. "People thought I should be on the national team. I'm 31 years old. I wouldn't have done it if I was 25, 26. This is my last shot. They had 10 years to not consider me seriously. It hasn't mattered how I played in WNBA . . . I was never a legitimate option.

So, hun, you weren't feeling loved and this being your last shot and all - we can all understand the desire to represent a totalitarian oligarchy in what's supposed to be the highest competion is sports.

Becky, it's not all about you. I will actively avoid anything having to do with the WNBA or this numb-skull.

No comments: